Trying to get more bang for your buck when it comes to Kratom?
Recently, a lot of people have been taking their Kratom using the Red Bubble Method.
This method supposedly increases potency by isolating the alkaloids in your Mitragynine Speciosa, causing the plant cell walls to be thoroughly broken down.
Even though your stomach naturally has acids that break down food, your intestinal tract is not long enough to fully break down the powder completely. This method allows all of the alkaloids present in Kratom to be released and absorbed in your body more actively than taking it regularly.
What You Need for This Technique
- A container you can put in the freezer - a glass jar is probably the most satisfying because you actually get to see the color change, but if all you have is a mug, a tupperware container, or a bowl, it will work fine as well.
- Some sort of consumable acid - most commonly lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Others, however, have used pickle juice, citric acid, lime juice, etc.
- Purified water.
- A freezer.
- And of course, your favorite Kratom Powder.
Step by Step Instructions
- The first step to this process is to measure out your typical serving size of your favorite Kratom Strain, (we used Red Vein Kali (Red Island Kali) for this one). You can also choose to use bigger servings as well if you would like to split it up into multiple portions.
- Next, take your acid of choice and mix it in with your powder until it reaches a liquid consistency, but is still a thick texture. Let this mixture sit for at least 10 minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Bring your water to an almost boil and take it off heat. You want to make sure your water is no more than 190 degrees Fahrenheit! Puddles is wise and knows when your water is too hot, it kills the alkaloid content in your Kratom, essentially ruining the whole process.
- Then, take a few ounces of water (2-4) and pour it into the acid/kratom mixture.
- Stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Place in your freezer for 3-6 hours. After you have given the mixture time to freeze - take it out of the freezer and see the red bubble it has created!
- Let your mixture thaw out til it is a liquid again - and drink up!
Just a fair warning, this mixture does not taste good. The whole point of this technique is to enhance a small amount of Kratom Powder to have more potent effects after consuming, theoretically helping you run through your powder slower.
The Science Behind The Red Bubble
When you put water into a container and put it in the freezer, like making ice cubes, the water will begin freezing on the outside first. The ice starts to form on the outside because that portion of water is in contact with colder temperatures. Once the crystallization forms on the outside of the cube, the ice starts moving in the interior water, until it finally reaches the middle.
But your water is filled with all types of impurities. Most tap water has contaminants already in it like magnesium, fluoride, calcium, chlorine, etc. So when the water starts freezing, it rejects the impurities and pushes them further inward. It does that until the impurities are all pushed to the center of the ice; this is why ice cubes have an opaque appearance in the middle. It’s where all the contaminants have accumulated!
The same thing happens when you freeze kratom tea, only you’ve added another foreign substance with lots of molecular compounds to it, too. The crystallization process repels all of those pollutants from the water as it freezes, so the chemical compounds of Kratom are pushed to the center of the ice. This also includes all the pigments found in the plant, and those pigmentations produce the red color.
The conclusion of whether or not this technique works for everyone is still up for debate. Some say "it works great", for others not so much.If you tried out the Red Bubble Technique and you want to share your thoughts, comment below!